Rights for Migrant Workers
Migrant workers make up 42% of Ontario’s agricultural workforce.
With fewer protections than other workers, they are contracting COVID-19.
Lax inspections, unsafe housing, and second-class labour rights put them at risk.
It’s time to question this two-tier system.
Greens are calling on Doug Ford to protect migrant workers by:
- Providing adequate PPE to all workers
- Enforcing stronger inspections of workplaces and housing
- Increasing migrant rights under Ontario’s labour laws
- Creating a provincial housing standard for migrant workers
- Working with the federal government to create a pathway to permanent residency or citizenship
Sign our petition to treat migrant farm workers as essential, not invisible.